Chilli bean stew
- 2 Hours
- 4 People
This winter warmer is a classic spicy dish for serving at a casual get-together with friends, and can be made as either a veggie or meaty version. A generous sprinkling of Red Devil, our mature Cheddar with Habanero chillies and peppers, gives it an extra kick.
1. Sauté the onions in a cast-iron casserole dish using spray olive oil. Add the pepper and chilli, cook until softened, then add the garlic. Set aside.
2. In a heavy-bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until starting to brown, then add to the casserole dish with the onions, peppers and garlic and mix well.
3. Stir in the cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Pour in the tomato passata and chopped tomatoes and stir well while bringing slowly to the boil on a medium heat.
4. Place in the oven at 180C (gas 5) and cook for 1 hour.
5. Remove from the oven, stir in the red beans and cook for a further 20 minutes.
6. Serve on a bed of freshly cooked rice. Sprinkle over the Red Devil cheese, then top with sour cream & chives and guacamole.
Love our versatile chilli bean stew? You can use any leftovers in our delicious chilli bean burritos.