Chilli bean burritos
- 20 Mins
- 4 People
Everyone loves a burrito, and this simple recipe makes for an easy midweek dinner. It’s also a great way to use up leftovers of chilli bean stew or a chilli con carne. Add plenty of spicy Red Devil, our mature Cheddar with a chilli kick, and serve it with a cooling side salad.
1. Heat up the leftover chilli and keep it warm until needed.
2. Using a heavy-bottomed griddle pan, dry-fry the tortillas for approximately 10-15 seconds, one after the other, so they are pliable and soft. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Mix the hot chilli bean stew and cooked rice, split the mixture evenly and place it down the centre of each of the tortillas. Top each one with layers of spring onions, avocado, salsa, chopped coriander and 25g Red Devil.
4. Fold over two outside edges of one tortilla to encase the filling, then tightly roll it up. Turn it over, so the seam of tortilla is face down and place back in the pan for a few minutes to make it toasted and crispy. Repeat with the other tortilla.
5. Sprinkle them with the remaining cheese and serve them immediately with a crisp green salad.