Rock Star mac and cheese
- 40 Mins
- 4 People
Rich, creamy and oh-so decadent, this very special mac and cheese is brimming with complex umami flavours thanks to our vintage cave-aged Cheddar. It’s sure to become a regular fixture on your menu at home.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, remove and drain. Useful tip: rinse the pasta under boiling water to avoid pasta sticking together.
- Combine the flour, butter and mustard to make a paste.
- Bring cream to a gentle simmer. Gradually add the paste and crushed garlic, stirring continuously on a simmering heat until the flour has cooked through (taste to check).
- Reserving a handful of cheese, add Rock Star and pasta and season to taste.
- Transfer to a dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place under a hot grill until bubbling (approximately 5 mins).
- Serve with Balsamic Caramelised Onion Chutney.
This delicious main course can be transformed into tasty nibbles – have a look at our recipe for Rock Star mac and cheese bites.