- Peel, core and slice the apples and cook with brown sugar until soft.
- Prepare filling by mixing together the cooked apples, raisins, cinnamon and crumbled cheese.
- Layer up the sheets of pastry with melted butter between each layer.
- Place filling down the centre of the pastry, making sure there is space around sides to seal strudel.
- Brush edges with beaten egg, fold in ends then roll gently.
- Gently press down and place on a dampen baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with egg and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Bake in a hot oven until pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve with whisky cream.