1. Preheat the grill until medium hot
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the flour and mix well to make a roux. Cook gently then whisk in the ale until the sauce is smooth.
3. Remove from heat and add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning.
4. Add the cheese, reserving 2 heaped tablespoons for topping, and beat until it has melted and sauce is bubbling.
5. Place the toast on a grill rack or baking sheet and spoon the cheese mixture over each slice, ensuring they are evenly covered. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place under a hot grill until golden and bubbling.
6. Serve with your favourite chutney and a glass of ale.