1. Place the grated cheeses in a large bowl and toss in cornflour, making sure all the cheese is evenly coated. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
2. Warm up the white wine in a non-stick pan until hot. Gradually add the cheese, whisking constantly.
3. When all the cheese has been added, bring to a gentle bubble and whisk until smooth and glossy.
4. Rub the cut surface of the garlic lightly around your fondue dish and discard.
5. Pour in your fondue and serve immediately. Keep fondue warm to stop it getting too thick.
6. Serve with crusty sourdough bread, crisp chunks of apple and crudités.