- Place the grated cheeses in a large bowl and toss in cornflour, making sure all the cheese is evenly coated. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Warm up the white wine in a non-stick pan until hot. Gradually add the cheese, whisking constantly.
- When all the cheese has been added, bring to a gentle bubble and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Rub the cut surface of the garlic lightly around your fondue dish and discard.
- Pour in your fondue and serve immediately. Keep fondue warm to stop it getting too thick.
- Serve with crusty sourdough bread, crisp chunks of apple and crudités.