Red Storm chicken burger with Spicy Tomato & Vodka Chutney
- 40 Mins
- 4 People
Burgers don’t have to mean beef! This spicy chicken burger recipe pairs lean poultry with the rich flavours of Red Storm, our vintage Red Leicester – and it’s served on a toasted brioche bun. It’s perfect for a simple weeknight meal and even better as the star dish at a weekend barbecue.
- Combine the chicken mince with the shallot, cumin, salt, pepper, chopped coriander and mix thoroughly together.
- Add beaten egg and mix to form a ball, divide into 4 portions and shape into 4 burgers.
- Place burgers on a lightly floured plate and chill for 20 minutes.
- Place the burgers on lightly oiled foil and grill for 5-6 minutes each side making sure they are cooked through. Alternatively, cook them on a barbecue, oil the grill rack and place burgers over hot coals turning occasionally until cooked through.
- When the burger is cooked, place the cheese on top and cook until melted.
- Spread the bottom half of the toasted brioche with chutney and place the burger on top with some shredded lettuce and tomato.
- Top with brioche bun. Delicious served with sweet potato fries.
You can make this as a turkey burger, too – just swap the chicken for turkey mince. If this recipe has given you a hankering for more homemade patties, then check out our delicious smoked Beechwood chicken burger with Fig & Apple Chutney.