- In a saucepan on low heat, melt the butter. When melted, add the flour to make a paste (do not let it colour to a roux!).
- Add the apple juice and calvados and whisk on low heat for a few minutes until the mixture thickens a bit.
- Add the cheese, cut into small pieces, and continue whisking until the cheese is incorporated.
- Add the yolks and continue whisking until the mixture thickens and then leave it to cool a bit.
- Butter 4 ramekins and pre-heat the oven to 200ºC. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently incorporate into the soufflé mix.
- Pour in the ramekins and put it in the oven for approximately 20 minutes. While cooking, prepare the butterscotch sauce.
- On low heat, melt the butter in a small saucepan. When melted, add the brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon until melted.
- Continue stirring until the mixture foams. Add the cream while stirring.