Packed with veggies and melted extra mature Cheddar, this filo pastry pie is delicious and deceptively easy to make. Prepare the veg in advance to make it the perfect answer to a quick midweek supper.
1. Line a loose-bottom pie dish with filo pastry, overlapping the edge of the dish, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
2. Place the roasted onions, potatoes, silverskin onions and cubed cheese in a bowl.
3. Add the chutney and lightly toss until all the ingredients are coated.
4. Place the mixture in a pie dish and scatter it with cherry tomato halves.
5. Gently pull the filo pastry over the pie to form a crust around the filling.
6. Bake at 200C fan oven or gas 7 for approximately 20 minutes until the pastry is crispy and golden.
7. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh chives before serving.
Pie fans may also have their heads turned by our spectacular Black Bomber, potato, onion and thyme pie – it’s particularly good served with a piping hot cheese sauce or some Caramelised Balsamic Onion Chutney.