This luxurious lunch dish celebrates the demandingly moreish flavours of Black Bomber, our extra mature Cheddar, paired with roasted courgettes and red peppers. The quiche tastes best served warm from the oven, served with a fresh salad of leafy greens dressed with a mustard vinaigrette.
1. Line a 20cm metal flan tin with shortcrust pastry and place on a baking sheet.
2. Cut the vegetables into even sized chunks, then toss them in olive oil.
3. Place the vegetables on a baking sheet then sprinkle them with sea salt and pepper.
4. Roast at 180C in a fan oven (gas mark 6) for approximately 30 minutes until softened and browned.
5. Allow the vegetables to cool slightly before placing them in the pastry case.
6. Whisk together the cheese, eggs and cream, then season.
7. Pour the egg and cream mixture over the filling.
8. Carefully bake in a preheated fan oven at 180C (gas mark 6) for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set and golden and the pastry is cooked.
Black Bomber isn’t just king of the cheeseboard – it makes an incredibly versatile ingredient, too. Its rich and savoury flavours come into their own in this asparagus, pea and mint risotto.