200g Black Bomber grated or crumbled
200g Comte or Emmental – use a min of 12 month aged to get a strong flavour
1 tablespoon of cornflour
190ml Dry cider
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly ground nutmeg
1 clove garlic peeled and halved
- Place grated cheeses in large bowl and toss in cornflour making sure all cheese evenly coated. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Warm up the cider in a non-stick pan when hot gradually add the cheese whisking constantly.
- When all cheese added bring to a gentle bubble and whisk until smooth and glossy
- Rub the garlic around your fondue dish and discard
- Pour in your fondue and serve immediately. Keep fondue warm to stop it getting too thick.
- Serve with crusty sourdough bread, crisp chunks of apple and a selection of your favourite pickles
- Serves 4 as a snack or starter and 2 as a hearty main course.