Served with Rhubarb & Gin Chutney
- Heat oven to 200c or Gas 7.
- Sift the flour and paprika into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in 75g of the Black Bomber grated cheese (reserving 25g to one side).
- Gradually add in the egg and milk mixture and mix until you have a soft dough (a little more milk can be added if dough is dry).
- Lightly flour a work surface and turn dough out, gently knead together and pat down until approximately 2cm thick. Cut into rounds using a 5 or 6cm metal cutter.
- Place scones on a lightly greased baking tray and brush the tops lightly with milk, then sprinkle the remaining 25g grated cheese on top of the scones.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and serve immediately with butter and Snowdonia Rhubarb & Gin chutney.