Pork and Leek Sausages with Black Bomber Mash and Rich Balsamic Chutney & Red Onion Gravy
- 40 Mins
- 4 People
- Cook sausages in roasting tin at 190 until golden brown and cooked through (30-40 mins depending on size)
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender
- Drain well and return to pan to mash with butter and milk.
- Heat gently, add in grated cheese and seasoning, beat until smooth and warmed through.
- In non-stick pan pour in any juices from roasting sausages with oil and butter
- Sauté the onions until cooked through and starting to brown, add sugar and cook for few minutes to caramelise. Sprinkle in flour and make a roux, add wine and stock and bring to boil stirring constantly, simmer until thick and glossy. Season to taste.
- Place mash in baking dish, place sausages on top and sprinkle with extra cheese place under hot grill until cheese melted then serve with hot gravy.