- Bring the milk to the boil with the onion, cloves, bay leaf and the nutmeg.
- Make a Roux with the butter and flour.
- Gradually add the milk to the roux to form a thick white sauce, make sure you cook out the flour.
- Take the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheese, chives and the egg yolks.
- Whip up the egg white and fold into the soufflé mix in three stages so as to not knock out the air.
- Pour the Mixture into buttered Ramekins lined with grated Parmesan.
- Bake in a Bain Marie at 150 for approx 20mins.
- When cooled turn out and store on Baking Parchment.
Serve straight away with a salad of your choice. If eating later re-heat in the oven for 10 minutes.