Serves 4 | Ready in 45 minutes
100g of each Heritage Cauliflower – Orange & Purple, Romanesco & Tenderstem
600ml Whole milk
1 small white onion
1 Bay Leaf
4 tbsp flour
200g Red Storm (grated)
• Steam brassica florets for 10 minutes until cooked through. Drop into iced water to retain colour, drain and place in ovenproof dish.
• Pre-heat oven to 220°c
• Gently heat milk in saucepan, add pealed onion and bay leaf.
• Gently melt butter in large saucepan before adding flour, stirring continuously for 2 minutes. Slowly add the hot milk, whisking until nice and thick.
• Remove from heat, stir in half the grated Red Storm. Pour over the brassicas and scatter over the remaining cheese on top.
• Oven bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and golden.