- Sauté the onion in olive oil until softened, add the chilli pepper and sauté again until soft. Set aside.
- Sauté the chorizo until the meat is crispy, drain off any excess oil and set aside.
- In a large pan add in the onions, peppers, chorizo, oregano with tomato passata and cook until bubbling. Season to taste and simmer gently whilst pasta is cooked.
- Cook linguine in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain well and add to sauce, mix well and sprinkle in the cheese warming through until just melted.
- Sprinkle over torn basil leaves and serve immediately.