Serves 4 | Ready in 1 hour
4 x 100g pieces of skinned cod
300g Fresh/frozen peas
100g plain flour
Additional plain flour for dusting
Green Thunder cheese sauce
500ml whole milk
4 Tbsp cornflour
150g Green Thunder cheese
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Triple Cooked Chips
1kg Maris piper potatoes (peeled and cut into chips)
1 Tsp chopped fresh Rosemary
1 Tsp Maldon sea salt
• In a saucepan, whisk the cornflour and milk before bringing to a low boil.
• Sprinkle in the cheese, stirring until melted. Add the mustard and season.
• Peel potatoes, cut into chips and rinse under water. Bring chips to a gentle simmer until soft to touch. Drain and chill in fridge.
• Preheat deep fat fryer to 130°c
• Fry chips for 7-8 minutes, remove and place on baking tray. Chill in the fridge and turn up deep fat fryer to 180°c. Fry chips in batches for a second time for 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden. Season before serving.
• Whisk the lemonade & plain flour together to create a smooth batter
• Coat fish with plain flour and batter. Drain excess batter and place in deep fat fryer (180°)
• Cook for 7-8 minutes before removing and draining. Sprinkle with sea salt.
• Boil the peas, coat in butter, season and serve