These cheesy parcels are the perfect party food – a delicious filo parcel of tender vegetables and our multi-award winning Black Bomber extra mature Cheddar.
6 large sheets of filo pastry
150g grated black bomber
Small jar of basil pesto
2 courgettes chopped into small chunks
2 red & 2 yellow peppers deseeded and chopped small
• Place peppers and courgettes in large bowl and toss in oil with thyme, place in large heavy bottomed frying pan a cook until tender and slightly blackened on edges. Set aside to cool (alternatively roast in hot oven)
• Layer up 3 sheets of filo pastry with melted butter brushed on between each layer, then cut into four squares, Repeat with other 3 sheets. Spread each square with pesto
• Mix cheese and vegetables together and divide mixture between pastry squares, setting a small mound on centre of each square.
• Gather up corners to form and open parcel
• Place on baking sheets and bake in a hot oven until pastry is golden and crispy and cheese is bubbling