Black Bomber Cheese & Herb Soda Bread
- 50 Mins
- 4 People
Preheat oven to 200 C or gas 6
- Lightly butter a non-stick baking tray
- Sieve flours and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl, sprinkle in black pepper, sea salt and sugar and mix well
- Stir in grated potato, parsley, chives and 100g grated cheese
- Make well in centre of dry ingredients then gradually pour in buttermilk and egg beating constantly until all milk incorporated and you have a slightly sticky dough. (if too sticky add a little more flour)
- Lightly dust work surface with flour and gently knead dough into a ball
- Place the dough in centre of prepared baking tray and press down gently into an oval shape. This can be made into 2 smaller loaves which would bake more quickly.
- Score top of bread 3 times
- Brush top with some milk then sprinkle with remaining 25g grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 -40 mins or until cooked through and golden brown
- Allow to cool before serving